Social Media Advisor
Social media is one of the most important forms of communication we have as an organization. It allows the board, members, and the larger creative community to engage with each other in a meaningful way. The organization depends on having a social media strategy that is forward-thinking and is representative of the organization. We want to pull the best ideas from not only other AIGA chapters, but any organizations that use social media in a useful and resourceful way.
- Regularly review social media activities of other chapters and report back to the board with a summary of their best practices
- Advise the board on defining social media strategies across Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Foursquare, and whatever comes next
- Present summary reviews at board meetings highlighting how other chapters and organizations are leveraging social media
- Meet with individuals in communications and brand roles to guide them in how to best leverage social media to meet their goals
- Work closely with the communications manager to communicate on behalf of the chapter in social media venues
- Stay current on the social media tools that are being used by the creative community so the chapter can plan and adopt these technologies as needed
- Sub-committee – 1 Year Commitment
- Must serve for on the Board of Directors for at least 1 year before becoming President
- Attend 5 Board Meetings & 1 Retreat (Sub-committees are required to check in with their supervisor before and after board meetings that they do not attend)
- Does not vote
- Attend 20% of events
We would love to hear from you! Please email Jeffrey or Alaina if you are interested in applying for this position.